About your GES PTO
The Gilchrist Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) serves to unite parents and teachers with tools, supplies and events that lead to the best education possible for the children attending Gilchrist Elementary School. Our organization has been serving Gilchrist for over 50 years and been in it's current form for almost 25 years.
The PTO is organized and run by parent volunteers who coordinate with the school administration and teacher liaisons. Why does this matter to you? Because you want the best education for your children. Your voice and efforts raise funds and direct investments to supplement your child's education. Some examples include:
- Construction of a track that allows Gilchrist students a place to run, walk, jog and play.
- Teacher Appreciation events to keep teacher morale high by expressing how much we parents appreciate their hard work. This helps attract the best teachers in the region to our school.
- Developing great reading skills in our children by funding Accelerated Reading (AR) celebration events and prizes that the children love.
- Purchasing and continued maintenance of smart boards in our classrooms.
- Replacing the outdated sound system used in the school cafetorium.
- Aiding to fund art murals around our school which is a beautification project, educational, and inspires imagination.